We’ve summarised just some of the work we’ve done, as well as our activities and events on our campaign website and you can read all about it by clicking here.
Speaking of websites, the fact that you’re receiving this update means that you have previously signed up to be a ‘friend’ on our Rimrose Valley Friends site. In 2019 we’ll be freshening this up; removing some old content and generally tidying things up a little. This is because we don’t want to neglect our original online home, nor forget why it was created, which was to promote and improve Rimrose Valley as the wonderful community resource it is. Although our efforts have had to be diverted to try and save it from destruction, we sincerely hope that Rimrose Valley will remain and that we can return to ‘business as usual’ in the future.
We believe we’re making real progress with our campaign work and are ready to start 2019 with renewed enthusiasm for what we can achieve. You can expect more activities, more media coverage, more engagement with politicians… until hopefully… someone, somewhere sees sense!
In the meantime, here are some really simple things you can be doing to help support the campaign:
- Have YOUR say in our online poll. We’ll use your responses to demonstrate the level of opposition to these plans.
- Help us to cover our costs by donating to the campaign. Every penny makes a difference.
- Tell the Secretary of State for Transport what you think by contacting them. They need to know all about Rimrose Valley and the communities around it before they sign off plans to destroy it.
- Sign our petition on change.org. It only takes a minute and is a simple way of saying ‘no’!
- Follow us on social media… we’re on Facebook and Twitter.
So, here’s to an interesting year ahead, which will no doubt have its ups and downs.
As ever, thanks for your incredible support.