Welcome to our second weekly update from the RVF Road Action Group.
UPDATE NO 2 – 15th September 2017
- The RVF Road Action Group Steering Committee held a planning meeting on Thursday 14th September.
- Over the next couple of weeks we need to get the word spread across the whole community that Highways England has proposed a road across the Rimrose Valley to meet the projected increase in HGV traffic to the docks.
- It is absolutely essential that everyone in the communities of South and Central Sefton is made aware of this and to this end the Group will be producing a leaflet for distribution around the whole area.
- We will be asking for volunteers to help distribute the leaflets. If you can spare some time in the coming weeks please let us know.
- The Steering Group has also set up several sub-groups covering topics such as Communications, Liaison with the Council, and Fundraising. Again this is an area where we will be seeking volunteers.
- Fundraising will be stepped up. The Road Action Group already has some funds but we will need more to help with this fight.
- You can also help by signing and sharing the petition: https://www.change.org/p/secretary-of-state-for-transport-s… . We now have nearly 6700 signatures but we need more, please keep sharing the petition and encourage people to sign.
- Keep your eye on the website for further updates and be prepared!
- The Rimrose Valley Friends Facebook Page is here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/rimrosevalleyfriends/
Your RVF Road Action Group