Lots happening at the moment, so here’s a quick update on what’s been going on in the past month or so.
We shared the statements of support we have received from ALL political parties on our website. You can read all about it here. It’s great that we can reference these in the future as we expand our efforts to reach out to all political parties and identify influential politicians who can help our cause.
Less helpful was the fact that the Liverpool City Region’s flagship “2019 Year of Environment” initiative rejected an approach from us to work together to highlight what is happening here in South Sefton. This raises lots of questions, the main one being; if Rimrose Valley isn’t the PERFECT example of an environmental disaster waiting to happen; what is? Read our press release on this here.
Our blog feature “My Rimrose Story” goes from strength to strength with people getting more and more creative in ways they are telling theirs. Before Christmas, we had a very personal, beautifully illustrated film, sent to us by Helen. Last month, Becky sent us a video highlighting the mental health benefits Rimrose Valley – and places like it – provide. We want more and more of these, which can be typed, filmed, photographed… it doesn’t matter. Send your Rimrose Story to email@example.com and we’ll do the rest.
Finally, we shared an update on our political work, which you can read here. This is particularly exciting and we’ll be letting you know how our meeting in Westminster goes later this month.
Don’t forget that the best place to keep up with all our work is www.saverimrosevalley.org.
Thank you for taking time to read this and we look forward to sharing our next update with you soon.
In the meantime, here are some really simple things you can be doing to help support the campaign:
- Have YOUR say in our online poll. We’ll use your responses to demonstrate the level of opposition to these plans.
- Help us to cover our costs by donating to the campaign. Every penny makes a difference.
- Tell the Secretary of State for Transport what you think by contacting them. They need to know all about Rimrose Valley and the communities around it before they sign off plans to destroy it.
- Sign our petition on change.org. It only takes a minute and is a simple way of saying ‘no’!
- Follow us on social media… we’re on Facebook and Twitter.