(Photo Credit: Lee O’Brien)
Chris Tynan from the RSPB and Green Sefton will be leading a guided walk, with a focus on the amazing birdlife to be found on Rimrose Valley.
The walk will start at 9am from the Derwent Road entrance.
He’ll be helping us to identify birds visually and via their birdsong, so this should be a real tweet! We’ll prepare some checklists to tick species off as we go and using an app to try and confirm the birdsong we hear, which will be a great way of getting kids interested.
Registration is essential, which you can do here:
- Places are limited to 30 to ensure attendees can clearly hear Chris talk
- We want this to be open to as many people as possible, so we have limited the amount of places you can reserve to 2. Please only book the number of places you need and if you are unable to attend, please contact us or cancel your booking so your place can be allocated to someone else
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time. The walk will begin at 9am
- Please come prepared with weather-appropriate clothing and footwear
- We recommend bringing your cameras and/or binoculars
- If you enjoy using apps, please download iNaturalist and UK Bird Sounds Pro from your app store. We’ll be testing them out!
- As ever, we encourage everyone to come on foot or use public transport wherever possible. If you have to come by car, please park considerately near the Derwent Road entrance
- If you are unable to register for this event, don’t worry, there will be other opportunities in the future.